The Combi Boiler
The combination boiler, also referred to as the combi boiler, is undoubtedly the most popular boiler in the UK today. Hot water and heating is supplied without requiring cylinders or storage tanks. Combi boilers come in 3 varieties; electric, oil fired or gas.
Installing any type of boiler is not a simple DIY job – you need to be a registered gas engineer before attempting any type of installation. Making the correct decision when it comes to your new boiler is very important, so you and your family enjoy hot water and heating during the cold winter months.
Like many other electrical products, combi boilers need to be serviced on a yearly basis to make sure they are working properly and still cost-efficient. This Milex guide to the “Top Boilers for 2018” will detail why choosing a combi boiler is the way to go!
Combi boilers advantages
As well as being efficient as a hot water heater, combi boilers also provide central heating. Cold water from the mains is connected straight to your boiler and heated when the hot water is turned on. As a result there is no need for water storage tanks, saving you lots of storage space.
Combi boilers benefits include:
Hot water on-demand
No unsightly storage tanks.
Hot water delivered at mains pressure, so no additional pumps required.
Low possibility of frozen pipes during a cold snap
So, what boiler should I go for?
Just about every major boiler manufacturer has a range of combi boilers in their catalogue as they are incredibly popular in the domestic market-place. So let’s take a look at what is on offer.
We’ve narrowed it down to a range of 3 boilers and here they are…
- Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i
- Vaillant ecoTEC Pro
- Baxi EcoBlue+
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i
The Greenstar i System boiler is one of the most popular system boilers and suitable for small to medium sized homes.
- Simple boiler controls with clear information display
- 24kW heat output
- Suitable for homes where the heating system includes a hot water storage cylinder
- Choice of controls enables greater comfort and economy*
- Can be used with Greenskies solar panels for energy and cost savings
- Low energy pump reduces electrical usage
- Large Condensesure style siphon built into the boiler – eliminates frost risk
- Comes with a 5 year standard guarantee.
- Achieves A rating for both heating and hot water.
Vaillant ecoTEC Pro
The ecoTEC pro is an ideal combi boiler for small-to-medium homes that need instant hot water – but don’t need a water tank.
But on the inside, the ecoTEC pro is super smart. It can adapt itself to give you only the heating you require, lowering your fuel bills. And premium parts like the stainless-steel heat exchanger keeps everything running smoothly and reliably.
- Three combi models covering 24, 28 or 30kW heating outputs
- A flow rate of up to 12.3 litres per min for fast instant hot water
- ErP A rated for both hot water and heating efficiency
- Quiet Mark approved
- Dimensions in mm (825 model): H 720 x W 440 x D 338
- Works with LPG where required
- 2 year standar warranty
Baxi EcoBlue+ Combi
Baxi are without doubt a household name when it comes to boilers. The EcoBlue range are suitable for houses of different sizes and have a great list of features:
- Easy to install
- 24, 28, 33 kW
- Full wall mounting jig
- Choice of flue lengths
- Range of plug in timers
- 7 Year Warranty
- Front access to all parts
- A Rated efficiency for both heating and hot water.
- 1 metre lead provided
- Compatible with uSense smart control using the 230v switch live
Choosing the best boiler for your home is not an easy decision and there are a lot of different systems in the marketplace, so why not give us a call on 0131 278 0058 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us guide you through choosing the best boiler for your home!