Slightly later due to the Easter break lets get into Part 2 of 5 more ways to reduce your energy bills thanks to McLellan Plumbing and Heating!
- Turn down your Thermostat – Almost half of all energy bills are from heating and hot water costs. Just turning down by 1 degree can save up to £75 a year!
- Wash clothes at a lower temperature – washing clothes at 30 degrees rather than 40 degrees can reduce costs by almost a third.
- While on the subject of water – running water while washing up costs more than simply filling up a basin. Also remember that a smart shower-head can also save you as much as £75 a year in energy costs. Give us a call if you are thinking of a bathroom upgrade – 07542 781131
- Fit Thermostatic Valves to your radiators – set the heating to come on just before you get up and 30 mins before your go to bed.
- Ensure any appliances you purchase are verified by the energy savings logo – like the Energy Savings Trust.
Finally, 5 common sense point to remember:
- Close The Curtains At Night In All Rooms
- Don’t Leave Windows And Doors Open Unnecessarily
- Keep Furniture Away From Radiators
- Use A Shower Or Only Fill The Bath with As Much Water As You Need
- Turn The Central Heating System Off At Night
Get in Touch
Why not give us a call on 07542 781131 or email us at email@example.com and find out how we can help on upgrading your boiler or more information on smart stats. Check out our Facebook page and connect with us.